U-Lace Starburst Lacing
A version of Starburst Lacing using U-Lace no-tie laces instead of regular shoelaces. Forms a large, centered “starburst” of overlapping crosses.
• Use two U-Lace segments to lace a tall “X” from the bottom eyelets to the top eyelets. One segment runs up and left, the other runs up and right.
• Continue lacing the remaining empty eyelets with progressively shorter “Xs” between the next higher and next lower empty eyelets.
• On shoes with an odd number of eyelet pairs, use a final U-Lace segment to lace straight across the middle.
Very tight fit
• On tall shoes or boots, it may be difficult – even impossible – to stretch the U-Lace segments sufficiently to reach from the bottom eyelets to the top eyelets. One solution is to create a shorter, centered starburst with one or two straight segments above and below. Another solution is to create two shorter starbursts – one through the lower eyelets, the other through the upper eyelets.
• The above solutions can also be used when a less tight fit is preferred – or for shoes that deform excessively under such tension.
• Use the same U-Lace color throughout to replicate the look of a regular, single shoelace.
• Alternate two different U-Lace colors for a bi-color look.
• Use several different U-Lace colors for a rainbow or multi-colored look.
U-Lace Starburst Lacing Gallery
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Syde Street Leather Mids with U-Lace Starburst Lacing
Rate This Lacing Method
Please only vote once – multiple votes are removed daily