U-Lace Lattice Lacing
A version of Lattice Lacing using U-Lace no-tie laces instead of regular shoelaces. Forms a decorative woven lattice in the middle of the lacing.
Lacing Technique – 8 pairs, variation 1 – three-way lattice plus horizontals
• Begin with one U-Lace segment running straight across the bottom eyelets.
• Use two U-Lace segments to lace a tall "X" from eyelet row 2 to row 5 (skip past two rows). One segment runs up and left, the other runs up and right.
• Continue up the shoe, lacing a second tall "X" between rows 3–6 and a third tall "X" between rows 4–7. Each "X" can be simply overlapped or can be carefully woven to form a neat lattice.
• Finish with one U-Lace segment running straight across the top eyelets.
• Use the same U-Lace color throughout to replicate the look of a regular, single shoelace.
• Alternate two different U-Lace colors for a bi-color look.
• Use several different U-Lace colors for a rainbow or multi-colored look.
U-Lace Lattice Lacing Gallery
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Syde Street Leather Mids with U-Lace Lattice Lacing.
Contibute a photo of this lacing method and have your picture appear on this page as well as on the Shoe Lacing Photos page.
Contribute a photo (via e-mail)
Rate This Lacing Method
Please only vote once – multiple votes are removed daily