Vertical segments on the inside plus diagonal segments of varying slopes overlapping on the outside form a sideways perspective grid.
Lacing Technique – 8 pairs
• Begin straight across on the inside (grey section) and out through the bottom eyelets. Adjust so that the right (yellow) end is quite a bit longer than the left (blue) end.
• The left (blue) end runs diagonally up and right and feeds in through the eyelet just above the middle-right (skip past three eyelets), then continues straight down on the inside and out through the next lower eyelet.
• The right (blue) end then runs diagonally up and left and in through the top-left eyelet.
• The right (yellow) end forms a series of diagonal sections on the outside and vertical sections on the inside (as follows): Run left and up one eyelet (outside), up one eyelet (inside), right and up three eyelets (outside), up one eyelet (inside), left and down two eyelets (outside), down one eyelet (inside), right and down two eyelets (outside), up one eyelet (inside), left and up three eyelets (outside), up one eyelet (inside), right and up (outside) and in through the top-right eyelet.
Tricky to tighten
End lengths shift
20% longer ends (approx.)
• The left and right shoes can be laced in reverse (mirror image) so as to end up with a symmetrical look that reinforces the perspective (see below).
Lace one shoe as above and the other shoe in reverse, with the perspective vanishing points towards the outside. This creates the illusion that the feet are leaning outwards (see first photo below).
Lace one shoe as above and the other shoe in reverse, with the perspective vanishing points towards the inside (between the ankles). This creates the illusion that the feet are leaning inwards (see second photo below).
Shoelace Lengths for Perspective Lacing
|Pairs of eyelets:||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Length needed:||(N/A)||(N/A)||86 cm
Shorter shoelaces needed than those for basic Criss Cross Lacing.
Longer ends if existing shoelaces are re-used (+20% on average).
Rate This Lacing Method
Please only vote once – multiple votes are removed daily