Spider Web Lacing (lug version)
• Begin straight across (grey section) and down through the second set of lugs from the bottom.
• The ends continue straight down through the bottom set of lugs.
• Cross the ends, running diagonally across and up the shoe, skipping one set of lugs before feeding into the top of the next vacant set of lugs.
• Feed the ends down through the lugs, then continue down and across the front of the next lower set of lugs.
• Loop the ends under the vertical sections of lace where they emerge at the bottom of those lugs.
• Repeat crossing diagonally up the shoe, vertically down the shoe, and looping under the vertical sections, until lacing is completed.
Firm & tight
Harder to tighten
23% shorter ends (approx.)
For more info and animated instructions, see the eyelet version of Spider Web Lacing.
Lug Spider Web Lacing Gallery
Shoelace Lengths for Lug Spider Web Lacing
|Pairs of lugs:||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Length needed:||(N/A)||80 cm
Longer shoelaces needed than those for basic Lug Criss Cross Lacing.
Shorter ends if existing shoelaces are re-used (−23% on average).
Rate This Lacing Method
Please only vote once – multiple votes are removed daily